2-way, 2 stage, solenoid-operated directional poppet valve
This solenoid controlled, 2-way, 2-position cartridge is a pilot-operated, poppet style directional valve with reverse free flow check. It is available in either a normally open or normally closed configuration. Due to its poppet style construction, it has extremely low leakage.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 5000 psi (350 bar) service.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- Valves exhibit extremely low leakage rates; less than 10 drops/min. @ 5000 psi (0,7 cc/min @ 350 bar).
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- The solenoid's unique magnetic design results in a high efficiency solenoid, yielding high spool actuating force per Watt expended, leading to reliable valve shifting.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||15 gpm60 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||30 ms30 ms|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||10 drops/min.@5000 psi0,7 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Check Cracking Pressure||50 psi3,5 bar|
|Switching Frequency||15000 cycles/hr15000 cycles/hr|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.56 in.14,2 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.40 lb0,20 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990310007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990313014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990310006|
|Seal and nut kit - Coil||Viton: 990760006|
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun’s High Flow 2-Way Solenoid Operated Valves
- High Capacity Solenoid Valves
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- Sun's New Value Series Solenoid-Operated Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
No coil selected.