Value Series, 2-way, solenoid-operated directional poppet - valve 3600 psi (250 bar)
This solenoid-operated 2-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, poppet-style directional valve. The valve is available in either a normally open or normally closed configuration. Due to the poppet style construction, this valve has extremely low leakage.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- This valve is suitable for load holding applications when using the Normally Closed option. In the event of power failure, the valve will spring closed.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 3600 psi (250 bar) service.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- This valve exhibits extremely low leakage rates; less than 10 drops/min. @ 3000 psi (0,7 cc/min @ 210 bar).
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||8 gpm30 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||3600 psi250 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||10 drops/min.@3000 psi0,7 cc/min.@210 bar|
|Switching Frequency||15000 cycles/hr15000 cycles/hr|
|Manual Override Force Requirement||10 lbs/1000 psi @ Port 166 N/100 bar @ Port 1|
|Manual Override Stroke||.10 in.2,5 mm|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.50 in.12,7 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.35 lb0,15 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990413007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990413014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990413002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990413006|
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
DP**s and DR**s are from the reducer/reliever family and are very capable of modulating. They are not bistable.
In many circuits the directional cartridge is set to shift at a low pressure no matter how high the pilot pressure goes. If you use a DP__ , the pilot flow increases to significant amounts. A DR__ however will only consume a small amount of flow. A DP__ is useful when you want to block or open the pilot flow to shift the valve.
The overall functionality of the cartridges are the same. Due to the differences in construction between the two, specific ratings will vary. See technical data attributes for details. Coils are also not interchangeable.
- Configure Your Bluetooth Embedded Amplifier with AmpSet Blue™
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Sun’s High Flow 2-Way Solenoid Operated Valves
- High Capacity Solenoid Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- Sun's New Value Series Solenoid-Operated Valves
- Weatherized Solenoid Valves for Harsh Environments
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
No coil selected.