Balanced load control valve
Balanced load control valves combine a balanced modulating element with a reverse flow check. The check valve allows free flow from the directional valve (port 2) to the load (port 1) while the pilot to open modulating element controls flow from port 1 to port 2. Pilot pressure at port 3 determines the flow setting.
- This valve has no relief function. Not even thermal expansion relief.
- Maximum valve leakage at reseat for I, K, M ranges is 5 drops/min. (0,3 cc/min.) at 200 psi (14 bar) below cracking pressure; E and G ranges is 3 cubic in/min. (50 cc/min.) at 50 psi (3,5 bar) below cracking pressure.
- E and G ranges are not meant for zero leak type applications.
- This valve is balanced against load pressures and therefore exhibits self-compensation. Flow is controlled by the pilot pressure. Because of dynamic seals, performance is best in the meter out mode with port 1 being the load and port 2 being tank.
- Backpressure at port 2 directly opposes pilot pressure at port 3.
- This valve is a physical replacement for a counterbalance valve but probably won't work well in a cross-piloted cylinder application. A low pilot ratio is needed for machine stability and a balanced load control has an infinitely high pilot ratio.
- Applications that use a separate pressure source to the pilot have been successful in providing smooth and stable load control.
- All 3-port counterbalance, load control, and pilot-to-open check cartridges are physically interchangeable (i.e. same flow path, same cavity for a given frame size).
- Sun load control and counterbalance cartridges can be installed directly into a cavity machined in an actuator housing for added protection and improved stiffness in the circuit.
- This valve has positive seals between all ports.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||60 gpm240 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at Reseat||See Technical FeaturesSee Technical Features|
|Check Cracking Pressure||25 psi1,7 bar|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/4 in.31,8 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||150 - 160 lbf ft203 - 217 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990017007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990017002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990017006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- New QuickSelect LoadHolding Selector Tool
- Performance Data
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (1.06 MB)
- LoadMatch™ Savings Calculator (click to download Excel spreadshee (945.5 KB)