Fully adjustable needle valve - pilot capacity
Two-port, pilot-stage needle valves are fully adjustable devices used to regulate pilot flow in a main-stage valve or to meter in/out flow in low flow applications. These cartridges are designed for pilot flow applications and utilize Sun's T-8A cavity so they can be used in conjunction with Sun's pilot-operated, main-stage valves.
- Utilizes the Sun T-8A 2-port cavity making it the ideal choice to use in conjunction with Sun's main stage pilot or vent-to-operate cartridges. Separate pilot lines are eliminated and only one cavity needs to be machined to accommodate both the control and primary function. Note: All 2-position, 2-way pilot stage control cartridges utilize the same cavity and are physically interchangeable. Functionality is the only consideration.
- Note: The main stage valve should first be installed to the correct torque value followed by the T-8A pilot control section into the main stage valve to its required torque value.
- Ports 1 and 2 may be pressured to 5000 psi (350 bar).
- Needle adjusts from fully closed to fully open in three complete turns resulting in extremely fine resolution.
- Adjustment mechanism equipped with locking device to maintain consistent orifice dia/flow rate.
- Leakage rate at shutoff is less than 1 drop/min.
|Capacity||.2 gpm (.035 inch)0,8 L/min. (0,9 mm)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Adjustment - Number of Counterclockwise Turns - Fully Closed to Fully Open||33|
|Effective Orifice Size||.035 in.0,9 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||20 - 25 lbf ft27 - 33 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990008007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990008014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990008002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990008006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)