Kick-down, pilot operated, balanced piston sequence valve
Kick-down sequence valves will kick completely open and remain open once the pressure at the inlet (port 1) exceeds the valve setting, creating an unrestricted flow path from port 1 to port 2 (sequence). The pressure setting at port 1 is relative to the drain (port 3). The valve remains open as long as the pressure at port 1 exceeds the pressure at port 2. To reset the valve, pressure at port 1 must fall below the setting of the valve, flow from port 1 to port 2 must cease, and pressure at port 2 must be equal to or greater than the pressure at port 1.
- All 3 port sequence cartridges are physically and functionally interchangeable (i.e. same flow path, same cavity for a given frame size).
- Should not be used in load holding applications.
- The main stage orifice is protected by a 150 micron stainless steel screen.
- Pressure at port 3 is directly additive to the valve setting at a 1:1 ratio and should not exceed 5000 psi (350 bar).
- Intended for use on the actuator side of the system as flow through the valve must cease for the valve to reset. If used on the pump side of a system, pump flow must be shut off for the valve to reset.
- Corrosion resistant cartridge valves are intended for use in corrosive environments and are identified by the model code suffix /AP for external stainless steel components, or /LH for external zinc-nickel plated components. See the CONFIGURATION section for all options. For further details, please see the Materials of Construction page located under TECH RESOURCES.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||15 gpm60 L/min.|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||Kick down pointKick down point|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||25 ms25 ms|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2 in³/min.30 cc/min.|
|Adjustment - No. of CW Turns from Min. to Max. setting||55|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||5/32 in.4 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Model Weight||.40 lb0,20 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990011007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990011002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990011006|
Pressure setting tolerances are listed in our Performance Data page. A link to this page can also be found in the Additional Resources tab of the applicable product page.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
A sequence valve opens when the pressure at port 1 exceeds the setting of the valve. When pressures at port 1 and port 2 both exceed the setting of the valve the valve goes full open, or sequences. When this happens flow can go in either direction, just so long as port 1 stays above the setting.
- For Series 1 cartridges configured with an O control (panel mount handknob), a .75 in. (19 mm) diameter hole is required in the panel.
- Sequence Valves Technical Tips
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses