4-way, 2-position, solenoid-operated directional spool valve with closed transition
This solenoid-operated, 4-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, balanced spool directional valve. The transition between positions is closed. The closed transition greatly reduces the loss of oil when shifting which can be of particular importance in pilot control circuits.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 5000 psi (350 bar) service.
- Valve capacity is based on port 3 as the inlet and port 1 as the tank. Although reverse flow is possible, the same performance cannot be guaranteed and is not recommended.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- A wide variety of coil termination and voltage options are available, with and without surge protection. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- The solenoid's unique magnetic design results in a high efficiency solenoid, yielding high spool actuating force per Watt expended, leading to reliable valve shifting.
- Coils are interchangeable with other Sun Series 1 solenoid products and can be mounted on the tube in either direction.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details. Additional weatherized coils and kits are available for more complete environmental protection.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||8 gpm30 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||10 in³/min.@3000 psi160 cc/min.@210 bar|
|Switching Frequency||15000 cycles/hr15000 cycles/hr|
|Manual Override Force Requirement||5 lbs/1000 psi @ Port 133 N/100 bar @ Port 1|
|Manual Override Stroke||.10 in.2,5 mm|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.75 in.19 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.60 lb0,30 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990431007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990431014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990431006|
|Seal and nut kit - Coil||Viton: 990770006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun's New Value Series Solenoid-Operated Valves
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
No coil selected.