3-way, manually-operated, directional poppet valve
This manually operated, 2-position, 3-way directional cartridge is a direct-acting, poppet-style valve used to control the direction of flow in a hydraulic circuit. The valve is normally open between port 1 and port 2 with port 3 blocked. Operating the valve connects port 2 to 3 and blocks port 1. All flow paths are bidirectional and blocked paths are blocked in both directions. Due to the poppet style construction, this valve has extremely low leakage.
Manual operation is achieved via Sun's Twist/Lock manual override mechanism and is designed for intermittent (infrequent) use only.
- This valve is designed for intermittent use such as a manual override. The manual control assembly has a mechanical life expectancy of approximately 7,000 cycles.
- The momentary/twist control option "T" allows the operator to momentarily shift the valve by twisting the knob clockwise and releasing. Once released, the valve returns to its normal position.
- The detent/lock control option "L" allows the operator to shift the valve into a mechanically detented position by twisting the knob counter-clockwise. This detented position will be maintained until the operator twists the knob clockwise and allows the valve to return to its normal position. Please note that the detented position is not intended for load holding applications but for temporary shifting only.
- The dual-operation control option "D" allows the operator to either shift the valve momentarily by twisting the knob clockwise or shift it into a mechanically detented postion by twisting counter-clockwise. Please note that the detented position is not intended for load holding applications but for temporary shifting only.
- The control on this valve is meant to be operated by a person's hand. The control should not be modified, for instance fastening a lever to the knob. Under no circumstances should the control be operated by other mechanical devices.
- Valves exhibit extremely low leakage rates; less than 10 drops/min. @ 5000 psi (0,7 cc/min @350 bar).
- This valve is suitable for load holding on port 3 only. The detent mechanism in the manual override is meant for temporary actuation.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||7.5 gpm30 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||10 drops/min.@5000 psi0,7 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Operating Torque||10 lbf in.1,2 Nm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990411007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990411006|
DP**s and DR**s are from the reducer/reliever family and are very capable of modulating. They are not bistable.
In many circuits the directional cartridge is set to shift at a low pressure no matter how high the pilot pressure goes. If you use a DP__ , the pilot flow increases to significant amounts. A DR__ however will only consume a small amount of flow. A DP__ is useful when you want to block or open the pilot flow to shift the valve.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)