Pilot–Operated, Balanced Poppet,
Pressure spikes during acceleration or deceleration can be avoided using Sun anti-shock relief valves. Using an anti-shock relief valve, pressures can be ramped up, eliminating damage due to rapid pressure changes.
Sun's anti-shock reliefs are pilot-operated, balanced poppet valves available in both 2-port and 3-port configurations. The 3-port version is a ventable relief allowing for remote control by other directional or pressure controls, such as Sun's electro-proportional pilot relief, model RBAP.
Benefits of Sun Anti-Shock
Successful applications for Sun Anti-Shock Relief Valves include:
- Start-up relief for fixed-displacement pumps to reduce shock and controlled acceleration for longer pump life
- Cross-line relief in swing circuits and similar hydrostatic systems, especially applications with high inertia loads (protects motors, hoses, and fittings)
- Gently preloads drive systems to remove gear backlash to improve reliability
- Over-pressure protection in systems with damaging pressure spikes (easily applied in low-flow and/or high-pressure applications)
- Can be used as bypass pressure compensator and can provide smooth pressure gradients in pressure-control circuits
2-Port Version - RP*T
3-Port Version - RV*T
Overview of Sun Anti Shock Relief Valves (Click here for typical performance data.):
|2-Port, Pilot Operated, Balanced Poppet, Soft Relief||25 gpm
|3-Port, Pilot Operated, Balanced Poppet, Ventable Soft Relief||30 gpm
For information on Sun's soft-shift solenoid cartridges, see our Reduce Shock with Solenoid Soft-Shift Option highlight.