Sun Hydraulics Promotes the Fluid Power Industry through Professional and Educational Organizations
Support for Fluid Power Education
- ...donates relevant products to colleges and universities around the world. Fifty-six different universities are supported in the U.S. alone.
- ...supplies to universities data to accurately generate dynamic models of Sun cartridge valves for use in programs such as Simulink and AMESim.
- ...offers internship opportunities for fluid power and manufacturing engineering students. In the past ten years, students from many United States, United Kingdom, and German universities have spent time at our facilities learning about the industry and contributing their talents. A number of interns have been hired following their graduation and successful internship.
- ...provides support in universities for valve and hydraulic system research projects for students to earn degrees (at all levels).
Organization Support and Involvement
- Sun Hydraulics Corporation is a member of the National Fluid Power Association, and President Allen Carlson is a director and past chairman of that organization(2009-10). Sun is recognized as the first NFPA member to become an NFPA Foundation "Legacy Builder".
- Sun Hydraulics Limited is a member of the British Fluid Power Association, BFPA (supports research in fluid power).
- The UK facility is also a member of the research consortium at the University of Bath.
- Sun Hydraulik GmbH is a member of the Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau – German Engineering Federation, or VDMA (supports research in fluid power).
- All Sun companies regularly support academic conferences focused on fluid power. These include ASME, the conferences held in Aachen, Dresden, LinkÖping, Tampere, and Bath.