2-position, 6-way, soft shift, solenoid-operated directional spool valve
This solenoid-operated 6-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, balanced spool valve with a soft shift feature. The soft shift feature greatly reduces system shock due to valve actuation. The typical use for this valve is to select between two separate circuits. The de-energized condition connects P and T to the first circuit and when energized connects P and T to the second circuit.
- The soft shift cartridge is interchangeable with the standard cartridge, however, the performance limits are lower.
- The soft shift feature can greatly reduce shock due to valve actuation but should not be counted upon in applications where timing is critical. If you need accurate ramping or timing control, consider Sun's electro-proportional valves.
- The soft shift feature results in significant increase in response time over Sun's standard solenoid. Response time is dependent on flow, pressure, coil voltage, oil viscosity and ambient temperature. Typical response time ranges from 150 ms to 300 ms.
- For consistent soft shift performance, port 1 should be at a positive pressure.
- This valve includes a push-type manual override control. Other manual control options such as T or D, cannot be ordered with the soft shift control but can be installed easily in the field. See Twist/Lock Manual Override link above for details. Please note: Manual override functionality is not compatible with weatherized coils.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 5000 psi (350 bar) service.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- The solenoid's unique magnetic design results in a high efficiency solenoid, yielding high spool actuating force per Watt expended, leading to reliable valve shifting.
- Coils are interchangeable with other Sun Series 1 solenoid products and can be mounted on the tube in either direction.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details. Additional weatherized coils and kits are available for more complete environmental protection.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||5 gpm20 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||5 in³/min.@3000 psi80 cc/min.@210 bar|
|Manual Override Force Requirement||5 lbs/1000 psi @ Port 133 N/100 bar @ Port 1|
|Manual Override Stroke||.10 in.2,5 mm|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.75 in.19 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.60 lb0,30 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990461007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990461006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Introduces Additional Solenoid-Operated Pilot Valves
- New Solenoid Valve Delivers Cost-Effective Load-Holding Solution
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
No coil selected.