Serie 2 - cavidad T-3A y cavidad T-5A, Poliuretano cartucho juego de sellos
Sun offers replacement seal kits for all cartridge models. These kits include all of the external seals on the cartridge along with installation instructions. Seal kits are available in Buna-N and Viton for all models, along with EPDM and polyurethane for many models. Please note: Converting the external seals from one material to another does not ensure fluid compatibility with that material due to the existence of internal seals within the cartridge.
- The shelf life for this cartridge seal kit is ten years from date of purchase. This date will be printed on the kit packaging.
- The Series 2, two port cavity comes in two versions: the T-3A and the T-5A. The T-3A cavity is typically used in relief applications which require larger port areas, hence a deeper cavity. The T-5A cavity is typically used in flow control applications and utilizes a smaller port area. Since both cavities are Series 2, two port, they share common seal kits, but exclude the possibility of cartridge interchangeability between the two functions.
- Polyurethane seals have a higher tensile strength, are more abrasion/extrusion resistant, and are well suited for high cycle and high pressure applications.
|Cartridge Thread||1"-14 UNS1"-14 UNS|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|cavidad||T-3A & T-5A|
What models can this kit be used with?
- NQEB Purga de aire y poner en marcha válvula
- RBAA Acción-directa alivio válvula - capacidad de pilotaje
- RGFA Low-pressure-range, acción-directa alivio válvula
- RPGC Pilot-operated, pistón balanceado alivio válvula
- RPGC8 Pilot-operated, pistón balanceado alivio módulo principal con cavidad de control T-8A integral
- RPGD Controlado por aire, pilot-operated, pistón balanceado alivio válvula
- RPGE Acción-rápida , pilot-operated, pistón balanceado alivio válvula
- RQGB Tirar-abajo, pilot-operated, pistón balanceado alivio válvula
- XCCA Todos los puertos bloqueados tapón de cavidad
- Install back-up rings and O-rings as shown in views.
- See installation variations for models associated with alternative installation views.
- When installing continuous back-up rings, use the same technique and the same care used to install O-rings.
- When installing cartridge - be sure to torque to recommended value.
- During 1985, SUN made a running change of all external seals on Series 2 cartridges (1-1/8 in. (28,6 mm) hex, 1-14 thd). The seals were changed from 3/32 in. (2,62 mm) c/s to 1/16 in (1,7/8 mm) c/s o-rings and backup rings.
- Use the kit which contains the same size (c/s) seals as those used on the cartridge being repaired. Do not change cartridge o-ring c/s sizes.