Tri-grip handknob offered
as a standard control option
Sun Hydraulics offers the Tri-Grip Handknob as a standard control option on select cartridges. The hand knob, configured as the Y Control, is an ergonomically designed knob providing a robust and easy to adjust mechanism that is permanently attached to the cartridge. The knob is constructed of engineered resin, with stainless steel and brass inserts. This offers a completely corrosion-resistant external adjustment knob.
The knob incorporates dual functionality in one package. It can be used as a means for full-range adjustment or as a maximum-setting limiter on pressure controls. If a special setting is specified at time of order, the hand knob will be installed as a maximum setting limiter, and the valve will not be able to adjust higher than the special setting.
- RPEC YAN -factory set at 1000 psi and adjustable from 100 to 3000 psi. Hand knob control allows full adjustment within full range (No Special Setting Example)
- RPEC YAN - 2000 PSI-factory set at 2000 psi and adjustable from 100-2000 psi. Hand knob control option with special setting limits the maximum setting (Special Setting Example)
Y Controls are now available on the following Series 1 through 4 models (Not available on Series 0):
- NF** - Fully Adjustable Needle Valves
- NC** - Fully Adjustable Needle Valves with Reverse Flow Check
- FD** - Fully Adjustable, Pressure-Compensated Flow Control with Reverse Flow Check
- RP*C - Pilot-Operated Balanced Piston Relief Valves
- RP*S - Pilot-Operated Balanced Poppet Relief Valves
- RBA* - Pilot-Capacity, Direct-Acting Relief Valves
- PB** - Pilot-Operated Pressure Reducing Valves
- PP** - Pilot-Operated, Pressure Reducing/Relieving Valves
Please contact Sun for additional models.