Direct-acting, low side, 3-position, shuttle valve
Low-side (hot oil) shuttle cartridges allow hot oil to be diverted from the low pressure side of a closed loop system. When both work ports (ports 2 and 4) are at equal pressures the valve is spring-centered to an all-ports-blocked position. When one of the work ports (port 2 or 4) sees a higher pressure the opposite work port is connected to the common port (port 3).
- NOTE: Low shift values can potentially result in charge pump pressure alone inadvertently shifting the valve. Use care when selecting shift pressure.
- Although this valve goes into a 4-port cavity, the nose (port 1) is not used.
- This valve does not have a hydraulic stop and therefore has no pilot flow. Some circuits other than hydrostatic transmissions cannot tolerate the added leakage.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||15 gpm60 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||1 in³/min.@1000 psi15 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.40 lb0,20 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990031007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990031002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990031006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance