3-way, 2-position, vent-to-shift diverter valve, normally open
This vent-to-shift diverter valve is a 2-position, 3-way cartridge that is normally open from port 3 to port 4. When port 1 is vented, the pressure differential between port 3 and port 1 exceeds the spring force causing the valve to shift, thereby connecting port 3 to port 2.
- This valve is not bistable; it is capable of modulating between the two positions shown.
- Vent flow out of port 1 is pressure compensated and is listed in Technical Data.
- There must be a pressure source at port 3, relative to port 1, to shift the valve.
- One application of this valve is to be used in pairs to select between 2 motors or pumps.
- One pilot valve may be used to vent multiple diverter valves if blocking checks are used at port 1 of each diverter. If blocking checks are not used there will be interaction between high and low pressure legs of the circuit.
- The vent-to-shift function is self cleaning and therefore insensitive to contamination.
- Hardened spool and sleeve provide consistent and low spool leakage rates and excellent wear characteristics.
- Incorporates the Sun floating-style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||60 gpm240 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Nominal Vent Flow||35 in³/min.0,60 L/min.|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/4 in.31,8 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||150 - 160 lbf ft203 - 217 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.40 lb0,65 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990033007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990033002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990033006|
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)