Low side, 3-position, hot oil shuttle valve
Low-side (hot oil) shuttle cartridges allow hot oil to be diverted from the low pressure side of a closed loop system. When both work ports (ports 2 and 4) are at equal pressures the valve is spring-centered to an all-ports-blocked position. When one of the work ports (port 2 or 4) sees a higher pressure the opposite work port is connected to the common port (port 3).
- The spool incorporates a hydraulic stop that eliminates mechanical impact and therefore the potential for internal damage.
- The hydraulic stop results in a small pilot flow from the high side work port (port 2 or 4) to the common port (port 3).
- A unique feature due to the hydraulic stop is that the hot oil relief setting can be confirmed with the transmission in neutral.
- NOTE: Low shift values can potentially result in charge pump pressure alone inadvertently shifting the valve. Use care when selecting shift pressure.
- Although this valve goes into a 4-port cavity, the nose (port 1) is not used.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||80 gpm320 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Pilot Flow||46 in³/min.0,75 L/min.|
|Valve Hex Size||1 5/8 in.41,3 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||350 - 375 lbf ft474 - 508 Nm|
|Model Weight||2.90 lb1,30 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990034007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990034002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990034006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals