Direct-acting sequence valve with reverse flow check
Direct-acting sequence valves with reverse-flow check will supply a secondary circuit with flow once the pressure at the inlet (port 1) has exceeded the valve setting. Additionally, these valves incorporate an integral check valve to provide reverse flow from port 2 (sequence) to port 1 (inlet). The pressure setting of a sequence valve controls the pressure at port 1 relative to the pressure at the drain (port 3).
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- All 3 port sequence cartridges are physically and functionally interchangeable (i.e. same flow path, same cavity for a given frame size).
- Although this is a zero pilot flow valve, port 3 (drain) must be connected to maintain a pressure reference in the control chamber. If port 3 is blocked, reciprocating seal weepage will cause the valve to malfunction.
- Pressure at port 3 is directly additive to the valve setting at a 1:1 ratio and should not exceed 5000 psi (350 bar).
- Suitable for use in load holding applications.
- Corrosion resistant cartridge valves are intended for use in corrosive environments and are identified by the model code suffix /AP for external stainless steel components, or /LH for external zinc-nickel plated components. See the CONFIGURATION section for all options. For further details, please see the Materials of Construction page located under TECH RESOURCES.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||15 gpm60 L/min.|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||2 in³/min.30 cc/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at Reseat||10 drops/min.0,7 cc/min.|
|Check Cracking Pressure||40 psi2,8 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||2 ms2 ms|
|Adjustment - No. of CW Turns from Min. to Max. setting||55|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||5/32 in.4 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Model Weight||.30 lb0,15 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990011007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990011014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990011002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990011006|
A sequence valve opens when the pressure at port 1 exceeds the setting of the valve. When pressures at port 1 and port 2 both exceed the setting of the valve the valve goes full open, or sequences. When this happens flow can go in either direction, just so long as port 1 stays above the setting.
Pressure setting tolerances are listed in our Performance Data page. A link to this page can also be found in the Additional Resources tab of the applicable product page.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Sequence Valves Technical Tips
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils