Anti-Shock, pilot-operated, balanced poppet sequence valve with drain to port 3
Pilot-operated, anti shock sequence cartridges limit maximum system pressure and also limit the rate of pressure rise. The valve opens and then ramps closed at a constant speed, independent of settings and flows. The adjust screw determines the maximum (relief) setting and the minimum (threshold) setting.
The external drain makes the valve insensitive to pressure at port 2.
- Pilot flow continues to increase as the pressure at port 1 (inlet), relative to the pressure at port 3 (drain), rises above the valve setting.
- Pressure at port 3 is directly additive to the valve setting at a 1:1 ratio and should not exceed 5000 psi (350 bar).
- Will accept maximum pressure at port 2; suitable for use in cross port relief circuits.
- Because the modulating occurs inside the cartridge, these valves are immune to most of the problems associated with cavitation, namely noise and manifold erosion.
- Valve is relatively insensitive to varying oil temperatures and oil borne contamination.
- Not suitable for use in load holding applications.
- When pressure at the inlet (port 1) exceeds the threshold setting, the valve opens to tank (port 2). The pilot section moves forward at a steady rate, increasing the setting by compressing the pilot spring. Maximum setting is achieved when the pilot section reaches a mechanical stop.
- The main stage orifice is protected against contamination.
- Not suitable for sequencing cylinders.
- Pressure settings are insensitive to back pressure at port 2.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||120 gpm480 L/min.|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||4 gpm15 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Control Pilot Flow||10 - 25 in³/min.0,16 - 0,41 L/min.|
|Pressure Ramp Up Time||200 - 400 ms200 - 400 ms|
|Response Time - Typical||2 ms2 ms|
|Adjustment - No. of CW Turns from Min. to Max. setting||4.54.5|
|Valve Hex Size||1 5/8 in.41,3 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||350 - 375 lbf ft474 - 508 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||5/32 in.4 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990219007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990219006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
A sequence valve opens when the pressure at port 1 exceeds the setting of the valve. When pressures at port 1 and port 2 both exceed the setting of the valve the valve goes full open, or sequences. When this happens flow can go in either direction, just so long as port 1 stays above the setting.
Pressure setting tolerances are listed in our Performance Data page. A link to this page can also be found in the Additional Resources tab of the applicable product page.
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sequence Valves Technical Tips
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool