Atmospherically referenced, direct-acting sequence valve without reverse flow check
Atmospherically referenced, direct-acting sequence valves will supply a secondary circuit with flow once the pressure at the inlet (port 1) has exceeded the valve setting. The pressure setting of this sequence valve controls the pressure at port 1 relative to the atmospheric vent.
- Suitable for use in load holding applications.
- Atmospherically referenced valves should only be used where it is impossible have a drain connection. Over time, the atmospherically referenced valves may leak externally or allow moisture into the spring chamber.
- Approximately 1 drop (0,07 cc) of fluid will pass into the vented spring chamber every 4000 cycles.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||15 gpm60 L/min.|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||2 in³/min.30 cc/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||2 ms2 ms|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at Reseat||10 drops/min.0,7 cc/min.|
|Adjustment - No. of CW Turns from Min. to Max. setting||44|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||5/32 in.4 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Model Weight||.30 lb0,15 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990010007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990010014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990010002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990010006|
Pressure setting tolerances are listed in our Performance Data page. A link to this page can also be found in the Additional Resources tab of the applicable product page.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
A sequence valve opens when the pressure at port 1 exceeds the setting of the valve. When pressures at port 1 and port 2 both exceed the setting of the valve the valve goes full open, or sequences. When this happens flow can go in either direction, just so long as port 1 stays above the setting.
- Sequence Valves Technical Tips
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses