2-way, manually operated, spool directional valve - pilot capacity
These pilot-stage, directional, 2-position, 2-way valves are manually operated cartridges and are available in either a normally open or normally closed configuration. These cartridges are designed for pilot flow applications and utilize Sun's T-8A cavity so they can be used in conjunction with Sun's pilot-operated, main-stage valves. Manual operation is achieved via Sun's Twist/Lock manual override mechanism and is designed for intermittent (infrequent) use only.
- This valve is designed for intermittent use such as a manual override. The manual control assembly has a mechanical life expectancy of about 10,000 cycles.
- The manual control assembly can be easily replaced in the field without removing the cartridge from the manifold or main stage element.
- The momentary/twist control option "T" allows the operator to momentarily shift the valve by twisting the knob clockwise and releasing. Once released, the valve returns to its normal position.
- The detent/lock control option "L" allows the operator to shift the valve into a mechanically detented position by twisting the knob counter-clockwise. This detented position will be maintained until the operator twists the knob clockwise and allows the valve to return to its normal position.
- The dual-operation control option "D" allows the operator to either shift the valve momentarily by twisting the knob clockwise or shift it into a mechanically detented postion by twisting counter-clockwise.
- The control on this valve is meant to be operated by a person's hand. The control should not be modified, for instance fastening a lever to the knob. Under no circumstances should the control be operated by other mechanical devices.
- Utilizes the Sun T-8A 2-port cavity making it the ideal choice to use in conjunction with Sun's main stage pilot or vent-to-operate cartridges. Separate pilot lines are eliminated and only one cavity needs to be machined to accommodate both the control and primary function. Note: All 2-position, 2-way pilot stage control cartridges utilize the same cavity and are physically interchangeable. Functionality is the only consideration.
- The preferred flow path through the valve is port 2 to port 1.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
- Note: The main stage valve should first be installed to the correct torque value followed by the T-8A pilot control section into the main stage valve to its required torque value.
|Capacity||.25 gpm1 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||10 drops/min.@5000 psi0,7 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Operating Torque||10 lbf in.1,2 Nm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||20 - 25 lbf ft27 - 33 Nm|
|Model Weight||.40 lb0,20 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990108007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990108006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)