3-way, hydraulically operated, spool directional valve - pilot capacity
These pilot-stage, directional, 2-position, 3-way valves are hydraulically operated, spring-return cartridges and are available in two spool configurations; normally open 1 to 2 and normally open 1 to 3. These cartridges are designed for pilot flow applications.
- Different pilot control port options are available. See Option Selection for details.
- All ports will accept 5000 psi (350 bar) including the pilot control port.
- Hardened spool and sleeve provide consistent operation, low spool leakage rates and superior wear characteristics.
- The minimum pilot pressure required to operate the valve is determined by the following formula: pilot pressure = 85 psi + pressure @ Port 1 times .023. This results in a pilot pressure range of 85 to 200 psi. In metric; pilot pressure = 6 bar + pressure @ Port 1 times 0,023. This results in a pilot pressure of 6 to 14 bar.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||.25 gpm1 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||10 drops/min.@5000 psi0,7 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Minimum Pilot Pressure to Operate||See Technical FeaturesSee Technical Features|
|Pilot Control Port||See Control OptionsSee Control Options|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||20 - 25 lbf ft27 - 33 Nm|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990509007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990509006|
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- FLeX Series 3-way directional blocking poppet valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)