4-way, 3-position, solenoid-operated directional spool valve, 3000 psi (210 bar) - common cavity
This direct acting, solenoid-operated, 4-way, 3-position spool valve is spring centered to the neutral position. When coil A is energized, the flow is from port 3 (P) to port 2 (B) and from port 4 (A) to port 1 (T). When coil B is energized, the flow is from port 3 to port 4 and from port 2 to port 1.
- Max working pressure at Port 1 is 290 psi (20 bar). Max working pressure on all other ports is 3000 psi (210 bar).
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP67H. See individual coil product pages for details.
- The valve comes assembled with a ring spacer around the solenoid tube. This is meant to be placed in between the two coils to maintain them in the proper position.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- Coils can be mounted on the tube in either direction.
|Capacity||3 gpm11 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||3000 psi210 bar|
|Typical Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24cSt)||6 in³/min.@3000 psi100 cc/min.@210 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Switching Frequency||15,000 max. cycles/hr15,000 max. cycles/hr|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.51 in..51 in.|
|Valve Hex Size||24 mm24 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||20 - 24 lbf ft27 - 33 Nm|
|Model Weight||.50 lb0,25 kg|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
No coil selected.