FLeX Series 2-way, direct-acting, solenoid-operated directional blocking poppet valve
This FLeX Series solenoid-operated 2-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting directional poppet valve. Available in either normally open or normally closed configurations, these valves feature a pressure-balanced design, low leakage, and allow flow or blocking in both directions.
This cartridge can be installed directly into a cavity in the end of many of Sun's pilot operated and ventable valves to provide integrated pilot control.
- Cartridge can be installed directly into a cavity in some Sun pilot operated and ventable cartridges to provide electrically operated pilot control functions. Separate pilot lines are eliminated and only one cavity needs to be machined to accommodate both the control and primary function.
- Suitable for load-holding applications when configured as Normally Closed. In the event of power failure, the valve will close.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- Designed and tested to 10-million operational cycles at full-rated pressure.
- Exceeds new NFPA test standard T2.6.1 R2014 for fatigue and burst pressure ratings.
- Higher flow rates than competing valves of similar size.
- Designed using CFD simulation for optimized geometries.
- All configurations of this valve include zinc-nickel plating as standard for 1000-hour salt fog protection.
- Normally Closed configuration can be used with any of the 740 Series coils, which include low-power, high-power, and 747 Series explosion-proof coils. Normally Open configuration can be used with the high-power and explosion proof coils only.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details.
- This valve is available with a manual push-type override option.
- This valve exhibits extremely low leakage - 0.004 in3 (0,07 cc)/min (1 drop/min).
- On models equipped with the D or L control, the detent mechanism in the manual override is meant for temporary actuation. The D, L and T manual control assemblies have a mechanical life expectancy of approximately 7,000 cycles.
- A FULL DATA SHEET is available for this model using the link at the top of the page.
- A wide variety of coil termination and voltage options are available, with and without surge protection. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||7 gpm28 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||0.004 in³/min.@5000 psi0,07 cc/min.@350 bar|
|Viscosity Range||35 - 2000 SUS2,8 - 380 cSt|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Switching Frequency||15,000 max. cycles/hr15,000 max. cycles/hr|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||20 - 25 lbf ft27 - 33 Nm|
|Model Weight||5.6 oz.159 grams|
|U.S. Patent #||10,302,20110,302,201|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990608007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990608006|
|Seal and nut kit - Coil||Viton: 990740006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
Yes. All FLeX phase 1 valves are available in the SmartConnect schematic tool, and are also available for submittal to QuickDesign.
Pilot-operated FLeX cartridges shift at rated flow and pressure.
FLeX pilot-operated cartridges do not have a bias spring in their open state. These valves will shift with less than 5 psi differential. This results in pilot-operated shift performance with direct-acting minimum pressure operation.
- For Series 1 cartridges configured with an O control (panel mount handknob), a .75 in. (19 mm) diameter hole is required in the panel.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Our FLeX family of solenoid-operated valves is expanding
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- High Capacity Solenoid Valves
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun’s High Flow 2-Way Solenoid Operated Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Performance Data
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (1.06 MB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - CSA Certificate of Complian (106.22 KB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - IECEx Certificate of Confor (285.26 KB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - ATEX Certificate (976.94 KB)
No coil selected.