3-way, vent-to-operate, directional valve with drain to port 4 and integral T-8A control cavity (1 blocked, 2 to 3 open)
This valve is a, 3-way directional cartridge (1 blocked, 2 to 3 open) that incorporates an integral pilot control cavity. It may be used by itself or to actuate larger pilot-operated directional cartridges or logic elements. The valve shifts when there is flow through the pilot control cartridge installed in the T-8A cavity.
- Port 3 can be used as a work port.
- The flow path between port 2 and port 3 is bidirectional.
- NOTE: The main stage valve should first be installed to the correct torque value followed by the T-8A pilot control section into the main stage valve to its required torque value.
- This valve is not bistable; it is capable of modulating between the two positions shown.
- The flow path between port 1 and port 2 is bidirectional.
- There must be a pressure source at port 1, relative to port 4, to shift the valve.
- The -8 control option allows the pilot control valve to be incorporated directly into the end of the directional cartridge via the T-8A cavity. These pilot control cartridges are sold separately and include solenoid operation, air pilot operation, and hydraulic pilot operation. See Pilot Control Cartridges.
- Leakage listed in technical data is for each path.
- Incorporates the Sun floating-style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||7 gpm28 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Control Pilot Flow||7 - 10 in³/min.0,11 - 0,16 L/min.|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2 in³/min.@1000 psi30 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Pilot Control Cavity||T-8AT-8A|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight||.50 lb0,25 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990021007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990021002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990021006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Compound cartridge (pilot and main stage) assembly information is provided for reference only. Cartridges must be ordered separately and assembled at point of use.
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- FLeX Series 3-way directional blocking poppet valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils