4-way, 3-position, electro-proportional, solenoid-operated directional valve, 3600 psi (250 bar) - common cavity
This valve is a solenoid-operated 3-position, 4-way proportional directional valve spring centered to the neutral position. It is available with a Blocked Center condition or an A and B Bleed to T Center condition. The flow from Port 3 (P) to Port 2 (B) and from Port 4 (A) to Port 1 (T) increases proportionally to the current applied to coil A. The flow from Port 3 (P) to Port 4 (A) and from Port 2 (A) to Port 1 (T) increases proportionally to the current applied to coil B.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- The metal coil nut is a functional feature of the valve and should be correctly installed for proper performance of the valve.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP67. See individual coil product pages for details.
- Port 1 (Tank) is rated to a maximum of 1000 psi (70 bar). All other ports are rated to a maximum operating pressure of 3600 psi (250 bar).
- The cartridge installation torque of 30 lbf ft (40 Nm) is required for best performance.
- There are three flow ranges for each center configuration. See performance curves for more information.
- For best performance, an amplifier with current sensing and adjustable dither should be used. Reported performance is at recommended dither.
- Recommended dither varies per spool type (see proportional performance data) and may be adjusted to better suit the application.
- For best stability and control, recommended use is with a properly-sized restrictive (LPDC) or bypass (LRDC) compensator. Provisions to dampen the load-sense line of the compensator may be helpful in achieving the best performance.
- Self-compensated use is possible to a degree. Please refer to performance curves for details. For more precise flow control consider a separate compensator.
- Use of this valve with its 12V coil variants (778212 and 778912D) yields a lower rated performance when operating the coil at a 100% duty cycle. See performance curves for details.
- The valve is available with a manual override option (T control). This hand-actuated lever option is also rated to a maximum of 1000 psi (70 bar) at Port 1 and can be actuated under pressure. Rotating the lever away from the manifold block will connect port 3 to port 4 and port 2 to port 1. Rotating the lever towards the manifold block will connect port 3 to port 2 and port 4 to port 1.
- The manual override option includes two mounting bolts which fasten the mechanism onto the valve via mounting holes on the manifold. For details on the mounting holes, refer to the product page of any Sun manifold configured with an SC-10-04 cavity (i.e. model code: JPA).
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- Coils can be mounted on the tube in either direction.
|Capacity||10 gpm40 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||3600 psi250 bar|
|Typical Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24cSt)||110 mL/min.@3600 psi110 mL/min.@3600 psi|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.75 in.19 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||1.00 in.25,4 mm|
|Coil Nut Torque||3.5 - 3.9 lbf ft4,8 - 5,3 Nm|
|Valve Installation Torque||28 - 32 lbf ft38 - 43 Nm|
|Mounting Bolt Installation Torque (T Control)||4.2 - 4.6 lbf ft5,7 - 6,2 Nm|
|Model Weight (with coil)||1.20 lb0,55 kg|
|Hysteresis (with dither)||<20%<20%|
|Recommended dither frequency||A & V spool: 160 Hz, C & X spool: 220 Hz, E & Z spool: 320 HzA & V spool: 160 Hz, C & X spool: 220 Hz, E & Z spool: 320 Hz|
|Linearity (with dither and compensated)||<8%<8%|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
No coil selected.