4-way, 3-position, meter in proportional directional valve
This valve is a 4-way, 3-position proportional directional valve. Work ports 2 and 4 are drained to 5 in the center position and port 3 is closed. Pilot pressure at port 1 opposes the spring and creates a variable metering orifice between ports 3 and 4 that is proportional to the pressure at 1. Piloting 6 opens 3 to 2. The force balance of the flow forces, spring and pilot pressure results in a degree of partial self-compensation as the load pressure changes.
Pressure at ports 1 and 6 directly oppose each other.
- Pilot ports 1 and 6 will accept 5000 psi (350 bar), however, pressures over 500 psi (35 bar) do not increase flow since at this point the spool will be fully shifted.
- The valve exhibits a degree of self compensation. If more precise regulation of flow is required, then a separate compensator should be considered. This may be achieved by the use of a bypass compensator, model LR*C-XHN, or a restrictive compensator, model LP*C-XHN.
- Pressure at ports 1 and 6 directly oppose each other.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||7 gpm28 L/min.|
|Pilot Pressure Required to Shift Valve||60 - 130 psi4 - 9 bar|
|Pilot Pressure Required for Full Shift at Rated Flow||290 - 340 psi20 - 23 bar|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||5.5 in³/min.@1000 psi90 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Pilot Volume Displacement||.04 in³0,66 cc|
|Hysteresis at 50% command||±35%±35%|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Compensated Flow (using LPJCXHN)||7 - 10 gpm28 - 40 L/min.|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.00 lb0,45 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990052007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990052006|
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Pilot-to-Shift Directional Valves and Proportional Throttles
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)