FLeX Series 2-way, 2-stage, solenoid-operated directional poppet valve with reverse flow check - flow 2-1, 3000 psi (210 bar)
This FLeX Series solenoid-operated 2-way, 2-stage cartridge is a pilot-operated directional poppet valve. The valve is low leakage and available in either a normally open or normally closed configuration to control flow from port 2 to port 1. A reverse flow check will allow flow from 1 to 2 in either the open or closed condition.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- Designed and tested to 10-million operational cycles at full-rated pressure.
- Exceeds new NFPA test standard T2.6.1 R2014 for fatigue and burst pressure ratings.
- Higher flow rates than competing valves of similar size.
- Designed using CFD simulation for optimized geometries.
- All configurations of this valve include zinc-nickel plating as standard for 1000-hour salt fog protection.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details.
- This valve exhibits extremely low leakage - 0.004 in3 (0,07 cc)/min (1 drop/min).
- This cartridge utilizes both 740 Series low-power and 747 Series hazardous location coils.
- This valve is available with a manual push-type override option for normally open versions only.
- Models equipped with the P control pull-type manual override allow the operator to shift the valve into a mechanically detented position by fully pulling then twisting the override counter-clockwise. This detented position will be maintained until the operator pulls and twists the manual override clockwise and allows the valve to return to its de-energized position. This pull-type manual override assembly requires a pull force of approximately 15 lbf in. (1,7 Nm) and has a mechanical life expectancy of approximately 2,000 cycles.
- On models equipped with the D or L control, the detent mechanism in the manual override is meant for temporary actuation. The D, L and T manual control assemblies have a mechanical life expectancy of approximately 7,000 cycles.
- A FULL DATA SHEET is available for this model using the link at the top of the page.
- A wide variety of coil termination and voltage options are available, with and without surge protection. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||10 gpm40 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||3000 psi210 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||0.004 in³/min.@3000 psi0,07 cc/min.@210 bar|
|Check Cracking Pressure||50 psi3,5 bar|
|Viscosity Range||35 - 2000 SUS2,8 - 380 cSt|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Switching Frequency||15,000 max. cycles/hr15,000 max. cycles/hr|
|Valve Hex Size||3/4 in.19,1 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||20 - 25 lbf ft27 - 33 Nm|
|Model Weight||5.6 oz.159 grams|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990162007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990162006|
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
Yes. All FLeX phase 1 valves are available in the SmartConnect schematic tool, and are also available for submittal to QuickDesign.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Pilot Controlled Directional Cartridges Technical Tips
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Our FLeX family of solenoid-operated valves is expanding
- Manually Operated Directional Valves
- High Capacity Solenoid Valves
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun’s High Flow 2-Way Solenoid Operated Valves
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves Technical Tips
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Solenoid Operated Directional Valves (1.01 MB)
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Performance Data
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (1.06 MB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - ATEX Certificate (976.94 KB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - CSA Certificate of Complian (106.22 KB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - IECEx Certificate of Confor (285.26 KB)
No coil selected.