FLeX Series 2-stage, solenoid-operated adjustable relief valve, normally vented
This FLeX Series solenoid-operated, 2-stage, balanced relief cartridge is a pressure regulating valve.
The valve is normally vented. When vented (de-energized), the pressure drop from the inlet (port 1) to tank (port 2) is typically 100 psi (see performance curves).
Energizing the solenoid activates the relief function. In relief mode, the valve opens to tank (port 2), throttling flow to regulate the pressure when the pressure at the inlet (port 1) reaches the valve setting. The setting is adjustable with an adjust screw.
- Designed and tested to 10-million operational cycles at full-rated pressure.
- Exceeds new NFPA test standard T2.6.1 R2014 for fatigue and burst pressure ratings.
- Higher flow rates than competing valves of similar size.
- All configurations of this valve include zinc-nickel plating as standard for 1000-hour salt fog protection.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details.
- This cartridge utilizes both 740 Series high-power and 747 Series hazardous location coils.
- Back pressure on the tank port (port 2) is directly additive to the valve setting at a 1:1 ratio.
- Main stage orifice is protected by a 150-micron stainless steel screen.
- Will accept maximum pressure at port 2.
- All configurations of this valve are assembled with a non-removable adjust screw.
- FLeX Series relief valves are fully compatible with the XMD Expandable Mobile Drivers from Sun.
- A FULL DATA SHEET is available for this model using the link at the top of the page.
- A wide variety of coil termination and voltage options are available, with and without surge protection. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||25 gpm95 L/min.|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||4 gpm15 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||5 in³/min.@2000 psi80 cc/min.@140 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||50 ms50 ms|
|Response Time - Typical (Relief)||10 ms10 ms|
|Adjustment - No. of CW Turns from Min. to Max. setting||3.03.0|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||1/8 in.3,2 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||7/16 in.11,1 mm|
|Locknut Torque||45 - 55 lbf in.5 - 6 Nm|
|Model Weight||.40 lb0,20 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990010007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990010002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990010006|
Pressure setting tolerances are listed in our Performance Data page. A link to this page can also be found in the Additional Resources tab of the applicable product page.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Maybe not. We build in a good amount of overlap in the kick-down reliefs to prevent false tripping. This means they are not as fast as our standard pilot-operated reliefs. A direct-acting relief valve set just above the kick-down relief valve would be good insurance.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
One graphic example is on a portable grain auger for silos. When the farmer gets caught in the auger the kick-down relief trips and allows him to escape.
Yes. All FLeX phase 1 valves are available in the SmartConnect schematic tool, and are also available for submittal to QuickDesign.
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- New FLeX Series Solenoid-Operated Directional Valves
- CE/TÜV Certified Pressure Relief Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Pressure Relief and Regulating Cartridge Valve Technical Tips
- Our FLeX family of solenoid-operated valves is expanding
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Why wait? Get Sun's FLeX valves & our new XMD drivers when you want them.
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- Sun Introduces 'Hybrid' Valves
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (1.06 MB)
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Performance Data
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - CSA Certificate of Complian (106.22 KB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - IECEx Certificate of Confor (285.26 KB)
- 747 Series Hazardous Location Coils - ATEX Certificate (976.94 KB)
- Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU
No coil selected.