Ventable, pilot-operated, balanced piston relief valve assembly
|BBE, /10, /11, /15, /16, /V||Gage Port (Plugged): 1/4" NPTF; Vent Port: SAE 6;|
|BBE/1A, /1B, /1F, /1G, /M, /Z||Gage Port (Plugged): 1/4" BSPP; Vent Port: 1/4" BSPP;|
Ventable, pilot-operated, balanced piston relief cartridges are normally closed pressure regulating valves. When the pressure at the inlet (port 1) reaches the valve setting, the valve starts to open to tank (port 2), throttling flow to regulate the pressure. They provide a vent port (port 3) that connects between the main piston and pilot stage to provide for remote control by other pilot or 2-way valves. These valves are accurate, have low pressure rise vs. flow, they are smooth and quiet, and are moderately fast.
- A remote pilot relief on port 3 (vent) will control the valve below its own setting.
- Will accept maximum pressure at port 2; suitable for use in cross port relief circuits. If used in cross port relief circuits, consider spool leakage.
- Main stage orifice is protected by a 150-micron stainless steel screen.
- Not suitable for use in load holding applications due to spool leakage.
- Back pressure on the tank port (port 2) is directly additive to the valve setting at a 1:1 ratio.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||30 gpm120 L/min.|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||4 gpm15 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Control Pilot Flow||10 - 15 in³/min.0,16 - 0,25 L/min.|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||3 in³/min.@1000 psi50 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||10 ms10 ms|
|Adjustment - No. of CW Turns from Min. to Max. setting||55|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||5/32 in.4 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Model Weight||.70 lb0,30 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990202007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||EPDM: 990202014|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Polyurethane: 990002002|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990202006|
|Interface||ISO 05ISO 05|
|Body Features||B to T, port 3 externalB to T, port 3 external|
|Stack Height||2.44 in.62 mm|
|Seal Plate Included (see notes)||NoNo|
|Port Size||1/4" NPTF1/4" NPTF|
- For Series 1 cartridges configured with an O control (panel mount handknob), a .75 in. (19 mm) diameter hole is required in the panel.
- Seal retainer plate is not required for this model.
- Important: Carefully consider the maximum system pressure. The pressure rating of the manifold is dependent on the manifold material, with the port type/size a secondary consideration. Manifolds constructed of aluminum are not rated for pressures higher than 3000 psi (210 bar), regardless of the port type/size specified.
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Sun Sandwich Bodies Interchangeable with Bosch and Others
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Pilot-Operated, Balanced Poppet, Anti Shock Reliefs
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- 'Soft' Relief Eliminates Pressure Spikes
- Tri-Grip Handknob Now Offered From Sun as a Standard Control Option
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Introduces 'Hybrid' Valves
- CE/TÜV Certified Pressure Relief Valves
- Putting Sun at the heart of hydraulic regenerative braking systems
- Pressure Relief and Regulating Cartridge Valve Technical Tips
- Pilot Operated, Balanced Poppet Relief Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Mounting and Assembly of Sandwich Bodies (575.9 KB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Pressure Relief and Regulating Valves (655.91 KB)
- Custom Integrated Packages from Sun
- Performance Data
- QuickDesign & SunDesign: Sun's 3- & 5-Axis Solutions
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (1.06 MB)
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Manifolds: Materials of Construction
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Removing Valves from Ductile Manifolds (73.96 KB)
- Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU