Electro-proportional relief valve - high pressure setting with no command
This 2-port, pilot-operated relief cartridge is an electro-proportionally controlled, normally-closed pressure regulating valve. The valve is spring biased closed to its highest setting (customer specified). Increasing current to the coil will proportionally decrease the pressure setting. When the pressure at port 1 (inlet) is sufficient to overcome the spring force minus the solenoid force, as determined by the analog input signal, the poppet lifts and allows flow from port 1 to port 2 (outlet).
- The setting represents the maximum relief pressure which the valve will default to with no command. As the command increases, the relief setting will decrease. See performance curves for selected pressure range.
- Varying the analog input signal to the proportional solenoid provides a step-less control of pressure.
- Damped construction provides stable operation over a wide range of operating conditions.
- For optimum performance, an amplifier with current sensing and adjustable dither should be used. Dither should be adjustable between 100 - 250 Hz.
- All configurations of this valve include zinc-nickel plating as standard for 1000-hour salt fog protection.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details.
- This cartridge utilizes 740 Series low-power and high-power coils, and 747 Series hazardous location coils.
- This valve is fully compatible with the XMD Expandable Mobile Drivers from Sun.
- The preferred mounting configuration is horizontal or vertically with the coil down. The valve can be mounted coil up if it is installed below reservoir oil level to prevent air accumulation in the solenoid tube. Do not actuate the valve manually or electrically when the valve is not installed.
- Coils can be mounted on the tube in either direction.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||25 gpm95 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||4 gpm15 L/min.|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2 in³/min.@1000 psi30 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||1/8 in.3,2 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||7/16 in.11,1 mm|
|Locknut Torque||45 - 55 lbf in.5 - 6 Nm|
|Model Weight||.55 lb0,25 kg|
|U.S. Patent #||10,775,81210,775,812|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Buna: 990010007|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990010006|
|Seal and nut kit - Coil||Viton: 990740006|
|Hysteresis (with dither)||A-Range: 9%, W-Range: 10%A-Range: 9%, W-Range: 10%|
|Linearity (with dither)||A-Range: 3%, W-Range 5%A-Range: 3%, W-Range 5%|
|Repeatability (with dither)||3%3%|
|Recommended dither frequency||110 Hz110 Hz|
|Deadband, nominal (as a percentage of input)||35%35%|
One graphic example is on a portable grain auger for silos. When the farmer gets caught in the auger the kick-down relief trips and allows him to escape.
There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Pressure setting tolerances are listed in our Performance Data page. A link to this page can also be found in the Additional Resources tab of the applicable product page.
Maybe not. We build in a good amount of overlap in the kick-down reliefs to prevent false tripping. This means they are not as fast as our standard pilot-operated reliefs. A direct-acting relief valve set just above the kick-down relief valve would be good insurance.
Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
The kick-down relief acts much like a circuit breaker. When the pressure at the inlet (port 1) of the relief valve rises to the setting, the valve pops open and drops the pressure down to 100 psi or so. The valve stays open until flow through it stops. Shutting off the supply of oil will reset the valve; reversing pressure on the valve is a positive way of resetting it.
- Please verify cartridge clearance requirements when choosing a Sun manifold. Different valve controls and coils require different clearances.
- An additional 2.00 inches (50,8 mm) beyond the valve extension is needed for coil installation and removal.
- Precise electro-proportional inverse relief valve
- CE/TÜV Certified Pressure Relief Valves
- Sun's New FLeX Series Solenoid Valves & Coils
- Pressure Relief and Regulating Cartridge Valve Technical Tips
- Pilot-Operated, Balanced Poppet Relief Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Get the relief you need. Adjustable. Ventable. Blockable. FLeX-ible.
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- 'Soft' Relief Eliminates Pressure Spikes
- Factory-tuned, optimized electro-hydraulics right out of the box
- Pilot-Operated, Balanced Poppet, Anti Shock Reliefs
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- Sun Introduces 'Hybrid' Valves
- CANpoint XMD Configuration Software
- Tri-Grip Handknob Now Offered From Sun as a Standard Control Option
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Electro-Proportional Basics Explained
- Proportional Amplifiers and Ancillary Products (2.06 MB)
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities (522.27 KB)
- Solenoid Coils for Switching and Proportional Valves (975.2 KB)
- Pressure Relief and Regulating Valves (655.91 KB)
- Electro-Hydraulic Terms and Definitions (2.94 MB)
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge (1.06 MB)
- Fluid Recommendations: Oil Viscosity, Cleanliness & Temperature
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334 (343.9 KB)
- Performance Data
- Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU
No coil selected.